Monday, September 10, 2012
Taken back
This morning I was reading Philippians 4. As I was finished I felt something, a remembrance of my past. A time which was so challenging and difficult but so comforting, and often times want to go back. It's been six years since I was living in Scotland doing my DTS with YWAM. While I was there I decided to start reading Philippians all the way through everyday. I wanted to see if it was the same everyday or if I got something different from it every time I read the same words. The book began to come more real and alive to me. I looked forward to reading it most days, some days I felt like it was a drag. But this was something I had committed myself to doing so I had to stick with it. I'm glad I did. Now I can often times feel God's gentle hand guiding me in certain directions as I go back to read that book. I am reminded of a time when I felt so close to God, there is no better feeling than that. I want to go back, I want to feel that closeness to Him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment