Saturday, September 29, 2012
Last week I had my first Artisan Pop Up event at Squire House Gardens in Afton, MN. Since I had never participated in any kind of events with my craft, I really wasn't sure what to expect. I had been wanting to take the plunge and start doing art shows, but with a new baby, many of them just weren't very doable this year. This one was a small venue, only a few hours on a Thursday evening so that didn't seem as daunting as a whole weekend long event. My mother-in-law took off a half day from work to come and stay with the kiddos and my sister surprised me by showing up to hang out with me for the evening. What fun it was! Since it was a chillier evening it definitely helped out my sales. I'm always so humble when someone looks at one of my pieces and sees value in it, enough value to even buy it. I see the value and I know the attention to detail and the time I have put into each piece, so it is very encouraging when someone else sees that as well.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment